Hoping to minimize the interest rates on your credit cards? In this case, you’ve come to the right place.
We can match you with a credit counseling expert based upon:
- Your Town (Chicago)
- How Much You Owe
- Personal Preferences
Just imagine. You could be on the road out of debt in less time than you thought possible. Start now!
Generally folks who could benefit from credit counseling have consistent work, debt in excess of $10K, and the passion to be free from debt.
All things considered, credit counseling does a lot less damage to your credit rating than debt settlement, since you pay off everything you owe.
On average, the income in Chicago is $28,176 per year, or $2,348 monthly. You need to chat with a credit counselor if you make $2,348 and find you are forking out $1,010 to $1,174 each and every month on debts like rent, mortgage, loans, and credit cards.
An integral aspect of credit counseling is debt management. A debt management plan is a form of debt consolidation, given that the money you owe each month will be condensed into one monthly payment, but no loan is necessary. This is different from some other types of debt consolidation in Chicago, IL that use home equity loans to pay down your debts. In essence, your credit counselor will manage your creditors personally.
Finding a Credit Counseling Service in Chicago (IL)
So long as you are dealing with an established agency, credit counseling can be extremely valuable. In fact, the FTC now mandates it for individuals filing bankruptcy in Illinois and countrywide, but stay away from any credit counselors in Chicago that claim they’re able to:
- End all collections calls
- Stop credit card issuers from taking legal action against you
- Charge a fee up-front for their expertise
Please remember, non profit status does not guarantee that a credit counseling service is bonafide, and being for-profit doesn’t signify they are disreputable.
Keep in mind that credit counseling is a means of managing debt, not eliminating it. However, your credit counseling company will usually be able to make a deal for more affordable annual percentage rates and far fewer fees. Credit counseling saves you money and time. Find out more today.
Fees Associated with Credit Counseling Firms: Chicago, IL
Enrolling in a debt management plan should not cost more than $100, and the fees each month ought to be about $40.
The vast majority of DMP’s will require you to repay 2.5% of what you owe each month.
Below is a breakdown of how much we’re talking about, based on differing degrees of personal debt.
Post-Bankruptcy and Credit Counseling in Chicago (IL)
Chicago has 3,119,273 residents, and it’s estimated that 17312 have declared bankruptcy. Credit counseling is an FTC mandate before declaring bankruptcy.
You aren’t required to pay a visit to a local Chicago credit counselor. Programs are offered on the web and by phone.
The meeting normally takes less than two hours, and may cost about $50. However, the charge must be waived if you cannot pay. To find approved Illinois credit counseling programs, click this link, or you can get in touch with a qualified debt specialist by filling out this form.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service: Chicago (IL)
Nationwide, the biggest not for profit credit counseling organization is the NFCC. Their network is generally known as CCCS, or Consumer Credit Counseling Service. In Chicago, Illinois, a Consumer Credit Counseling Service will usually be:
- A Not For Profit
- Part of the NFCC (National Foundation for Credit Counseling)
- Have CCCS in their Domain
In most cases a CCCS organization will supply Chicago bankruptcy credit counseling, financial training, and housing help. Alas, nonprofit is not to mean no charge. To locate the CCCS location that’s nearest to Chicago, IL, have a look at the directory of firms we offer. If you don’t see any, you can go to the official NCFF website.
Credit Counseling / Debt Management Agencies in Chicago (IL)
- Stuart Handelman Law Office, 322 S Michigan Ave, #1020, 60604
- A & A Credit Service, 3831 S Halsted St, 60609
- C C Processing, 8420 W Bryn Mawr Ave, 60631
- Children Of Faith Development Center, 3826 W 79th St, 60652
- Clear Credit Results, 8147 S Stony Island Ave, 60617
- Client Credit Repair Services (CCRS), PO BOX 20709, 60620
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service At Metropolitan Family Service, 14 E Jackson Blvd, 60604
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services, 70 E Lake St, #1115, 60601
- Consumer Credit Educators, 6326 N Cicero Ave, 60646
- Credit Builders INTL, 7118 S Yates Blvd, 60649
- Credit Card Release, 39 W La Salle Dr, 60603
- Credit Council, 1965 E 73rd St, 60649
- Credit Power Services, Po Box 906, 60690
- Credit Vitae, 1519 N Elk Grove Ave, 60622
- Debt Counsel For Seniors And The Disabled, 542 S Dearborn St, 60605
- Donegan & Associates Ltd, 7312 S Cottage Grove Ave, 60619
- Dunn Eddie & Associates, 220 S State St, 60604
- Family Credit Counseling Service, 111 N Wabash Ave, 60602
- Family Credit Counseling Service, 7354 W Addison St, 60634
- Freedom Credit Solutions, 8770 W Bryn Mawr Ave, 60631
- Fresh Start, 5929 W Rice St, 60651
- Harris Enterprises, 5840 N Sheridan Rd, 60660
- Hough James, 7118 W Farragut Ave, 60656
- ICR Services, 8006 S Western Ave, 60620
- Insured Credit Services Inc, 307 N Michigan Ave, 60601
- Investment Mortgage Group; Carlos Sanchez, 2827 W Cermak Rd, 60623
- KnowledgeWorks!, 60 E Chestnut St, #379, 60611
- Lakeside CDC, 1806 W Greenleaf Ave, 60626
- Lighthouse Institute, 221 W Walton St, 60610
- Metropolitan Group, 35 E Wacker Dr, 60601
- Nationwide Credit Clearing, 2320 N Damen Ave, 60647
- NIKO Credit Services, 3435 N Cicero Ave, 60641
- P Os Options, 625 N Michigan Ave, 60611
- S & C Financial Credit Resolutions Group, NFP, 1545 W 83rd St, 60620
- Jefferson, Ulysses Beehivechi – Jefferson, Ulysses Beehivechicago.org – the Beehive, , 60455
- A About Bankruptcy, 575 W Madison St, #361, 60661
- Debt Consolidation, , 60601
- Debtstoppers, 11111 S Western Ave, 60643
- C & B Credit Helpers Company, 2836 N Mason Ave, 60634
- Ledford & Wu, 4849 N Milwaukee Ave, #503, 60630
- Paolucci, Dean D President – Select Legal PC, 53 W Jackson Blvd, 60604
- LLS Bankruptcy Attorneys Chicago, , 60455
- Fonfrias Law Group, 70 W Madison St, #1400, 60602
- Cortez, Richard Attorney – Cortez Law Office, LLC, 3843 N Broadway St, 60613
- United Credit Education (Good Credit), 1540 S Kostner Ave, 60623
- Manufactures Clearing House, 4875 N Elston Ave, 60630
- Burt & Associates, , 60455
- Cbi Solutions Group, 2150 S Canalport Ave, #3a4, 60608
- Debt Consolidation-Consumer Credit Counseling Chicago, 578 S Columbus Dr, 60605
- Revolution Credit Solutions Incorporated, 500 N Michigan Ave, #300, 60611
- Campbell & Tadlock, 415 W Armitage Ave, #1, 60614
- Debt Settlement Chicago, , 60455
- ANI International, 125 S Wacker Dr, #1210, 60606
- Credit Card Debt Consolidation Chicago, 365 N Jefferson St, 60661
- Franklin Debt Relief, 200 S Wacker Dr, 60606
- Credit Repair Professionals, 28 E Jackson Bldng, Suite 1020 #C218, 60455
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services, 150 N Wacker Dr, 60606
- Auto-Matic-Savings, , 60455
- Debt Relief LLC, , 60455
- Standard & Poor’s, 130 E Randolph St, 60601
- Badcreditco.com, 4506 N Malden St, 60640